Friday, August 20, 2010

The Gathering Storm, Brandon Sanderson & Robert Jordan


I thought I would continue on the Brandon Sanderson theme. I recently re-read the Wheel of Time series when the 12th book was released, so I was primed and ready to take Brandon Sanderson for a test drive, to see if his writing style held up the the great Robert Jordan. OMG did it ever. Don't get me wrong, I love Jordan's style, but books 8 & 9 were slower and even boring at points. 10 & 11 were much better, but Sanderson's voice was a breath of fresh air. He brought the focus back to the characters we love, he rounded out their personalities more, and brought more humor to the book. It was non-stop enjoyment. Actually I could not stop reading it. When I wasn't, it was all I was thinking about. Haha. Creepy? Whatever. I love book. This book had some great turns and great action; thank goodness Mrs.Jordan chose Sanderson to complete one of the best series of all time. I have complete faith the remaining 3 books will be fantastic. Go read them!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm really tempted to read the series now that Brandon Sanderson finished them. I think Sanderson is an amazing writer. I wish I could write like him. Did you know he teaches in the Winter at BYU!!! I'm kicking myself in the rear for not finding him sooner so I could take his class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I bet it is a great class. I saw him sigining books at the mall before I bought the book and knew who he was, haha. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have bought the book just to have him sign it. That would have been quite an investment since I'd then have to purchase all the other books in the series.

    ReplyDelete