Friday, August 20, 2010

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson


Okay at the risk of sounding like an obsessed fan I might have to tone down my absolute love for Brandon Sanderson's style. . . . Or not! He is so great at creating life like characters in worlds that exceed my imagination. He infuses real-world issues into fantasy worlds that make me never want to put the book down.

In this book, we follow the main characters (Sarene, Raoden, and Hrathen) on journey of love, power, and religious beliefs. Each character struggles to overcome personal issues and find their true selves. In the end, each is left better for it. I marvel at Sanderson's ability to humanize all his characters even the "evil" ones. His abiltiy to blur the line between good and evil creates an intense plot line that keeps you guessing until the very end. I can never figure out where he is taking his plot, and I love his books all the more for it. Everyone please pick up this book and start reading like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment